View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 4, 2014, 11:02 AM

I'm sorry you're Dad has been through all of this.

To answer your main question, my son started his cyclosporine at the same time as the ATG. Not before but he did start them together. So I think starting the cyclosporine before may not hurt, but you'll want other people to chime in.

For the type of ATG, for some reason Horse ATG was pulled from the European and Latin American market in 2007 or 2008. I don't know why, I've searched on the internet but can't find a reason. So it is actually not available there. So in Europe they use Rabbit ATG exclusively. I don't know if it is available in Australia or New Zealand.

I'm not sure about managing the transfusions. They would wait below 10k to transfuse platelets at my son's hospital so that meant if he had 22k on Friday I'm sure he would have been at his 6k by Sunday. Then he'd still have 6k on Monday and they'd transfuse him them. If my son was sick with a fever his doctors would transfuse at a hemoglobin of 7.5 because he would burn through his blood with a fever. Otherwise they transfused below 7. Sometimes you can't help the ER visits.

ATG makes you feel very sick and tired. It took about 8 weeks for my son to start feeling normalish again.

I hope your father feels better soon.

Last edited by curlygirl : Mon Aug 4, 2014 at 11:15 AM.