View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 18, 2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
How wonderful to hear your good news, Paula!

You and Jorge have been through a lot since he was diagnosed with AA a year ago. I remember that your husband was still feeling poorly even after they declared him "stable" in October, and that must have been discouraging.

I think one of the keys to ATG recovery is getting the cyclosporine dosage right, and tapering it oh-so-slowly. It took many months for Jorge to go from 300 mg/day to 150 mg/day and then 120 mg/day, but the doctors know that's what works best for most patients. That's how it was for my wife too. We thought she'd never get off cyclosporine, but she eventually did.

It's wise for all of us to stay out the way of the flu. Even recovered patients whose immune systems are normal tend to be more careful than they were before they got sick. We're just more aware of our health.

I hope Jorge's strength continues to increase. You've taken good care of him so you deserve much of the credit!

Hi!

Thank you very much for your nice words.

Besides adoring my husband I'm a nurse and I feel good for having take care of him. His mother says I saved his son But of course it's a team work.

We'll keep out of flu, going around Azores islands, where we live, that are gorgeous and with a wonderful pure air...

Wishing you all the best!

Paula Espada