View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 23, 2012, 05:59 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses on raising WBC.

I have decided to be very conservative about this, and try only one new thing at a time. That way, maybe I can identify a specific agent that works for me.

Chris, thanks for the response on copper. I have not had my levels tested, but I have commonly ate the items on that list, and will continue to do so.

GlitterAndLace, I decided to start with your recommendation of rose hips. I also found a fair amount of information indicating it could improve the immune system. For the past 3 weeks, I have been taking a 500 mg Vitamin C supplement with rose hips daily. This has corresponded exactly with not needing any neupogen shots since then. I get neupogen when my ANC is below 750, and usually I need it once a week. In the past 3 weekly doctors visits, my ANC has been at 930, 1070, and 750. I came close to needing a shot this past week, but my other lines of white blood started to rise without neupogen for the first time this past week - so hopefully the neutrophils will be up next week as well.

Now of course, this correlation with Vitamin C/rose hips could be a coincidence. I am a sample set of just one, so I will never know for sure with any statistical certainty. But I am just glad to see the WBC improvement, and plan to continue the supplement.

Kevin

P.S. Very happy to report my other counts continue to improve as well. Hgb up to 11.9, platelets now normal at 174. And I apparently no longer have iron overload (serum ferratin down to about 250 from a high of over 4000). I am still often quite tired and get headaches, but with my response I consider myself very lucky. Life is seeping back into me!
Kevin, male age 45; dx SAA 02/2012 - Hgb 5.8, platelets 14, ANC 200, 1% cellularity. Received ATG 03/2012. As of 03/2015, significant improvement - Hgb 15, platelets 158, ANC fluctuates around 1000, Lymphocytes 620. Tapering cyclosporine. BMB 20-30% cellularity.