View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 11, 2010, 05:08 PM

Side effects of Vidaza

My husband just started the vidaza shots this week, he got shots on both sides on stomach, on each leg, and one arm. They started with the shots in his stomach, he is so sore he hurts to cough, and can hardly get up and down. He is not one to complain with pain, so I was just wondering if anyone else had these problems. He did 72 treatments of dacon, but it stopped working, he asked the doctor to try the vidaza, as the other alternative was the 7 days 24 hours of chemo, infection, and having to stay in hospital a month. He had just been doing the blood transfusions since March, his blast have gone to 25, which some say is MDS others say it is AML, and doctor had given him 3 to 4 months, so we are hopeing that the vidaz will slow it down. He has been in and out of hospital since December, and I have just been completely worn out that is why I have not posted anything. He had a mild heart attack last week. So Neil don't jump my bones cause I haven't posted!