View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 14, 2010, 05:03 AM

1 in a 100 side effect to vidaz

Well my husband had one in 100 or what ever can't remember the numbers side effect to vidaz, his system shut down. His sugar dropped to 22, his potassium went up 72, at this time he is in critical condition. The doctor said the side-effect was very rare, they were going to put him in intensive care but due to his not wanting any means of artifical support they are keeping him on the cancer floor. The nurse on this floor are angels sent from heaven. They made me go home last nite, we have put everything in Gods hands. From what I understand from the Dr. the chemo attacked his bad cells so bad that there was a toxic reaction, which shut everything down. When I left last nite, they had finally got his sugar to hold steady for 3 hours, they were still trying to get his potassium down and it had went to 62, they gave him a type of medication that flushes it out thru the bowels and were going to give him another dose as there had been no results from the first dose. His speach was not as slurred , but his mind was still in and out. Just got off phone with nurse, the second dose of medication did not work, and he about the same as he was last nite when I left. I will try to keep you all posted , thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Anne