View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 16, 2010, 07:10 AM

Dean is back to normal

Hi everyone,

I am so happy my husbands mind came back late yesterday! He is almost his old self! They will start with the physical theraphy today to get him up and hopefully walking.

A strange thing happen, the hospital we go to list current medications on the internet that a patient is taking. When he got out of hospital in May they had put him on Naproxen, and tylenol, my daughter pulled up his medical records, on 6-4, his medicine was listed with these two drugs, but on a update the day he started the vidaz, these two medications were not listed, I always take a copy of medicines with me when we go anywhere, dr., hosp., clinic etc. When the pharmacy came down to explain the new chemo she gave us a paper with what not to take, I informed her that he was taking the Naproxen and tylenol, which had been prescribed for the fever, sweats and chills which is a part of the advanceing of the cancer.

I fill there was a mistake made somewhere and that the combination of the chemo and those drugs gave my husband the reaction and almost killed him.

I will be taking copies which I printed off the computer to hospital today! I think someone has some explaining to do!

So please make sure that when you are taking chemo, that it says it is alright for you to take the medications you are taking, don't ask just once ask twice, make sure you get a positive answer from the doctor, and the pharmacy. Our hospital keeps an updated record on line, so I was able to copy and print out both updates on his meds.

Please be careful with your medications and always ask more than once about something you are not sure of.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Anne