View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 17, 2010, 06:28 AM

update

Well, sometimes you get your hopes up and fool yourself. Yesterday the dr. informed us after our discussion of the naproxen and the chemo, that she had did research and decided that the fungus drug they had put my husband on for his lungs Voriconazole, was what caused the problem. I think they are just grasping for straws. They had given him 2 units of blood the day before, and he needed 2 more units yesterday. He seemed to be lots weaker and would not eat at all! Then last nite he told his daughter that physical theraphy had not come by and he would see them today. Physical theraphy did come and had him set on edge of bed, helped him do some excercise with his legs. His son came by and was talking to him about some work we were bidding on and something upset him, and next thing we knew was nurse was coming in saying whatever you are discussing, stop now , monitoring has called and his heart rate is up to 180. They still have not taken the catater out and it is driving him insane. I was able to get him to drink a boost drink, and several diet ginger ales. Then at 6pm nurse takes sugar and it is up to 280. The nurses did help him get up to go to bathroom, but he is having so many stomach cramps, he was up and down about 5 times, with only one result, alot of it is just gas. He will not let the nurse give him a bath, and my husband is a big man 6ft 2 and about 280 lbs. It took me about an hour to get his bath and wore me completely out as I am sort of on the small size, and have copd. Hopefully today he will let the nurse assist me. But now I am worried again about his mind, and his not eating. They are not giving him any nutrients.
His kids went home yesterday as they live 4 hours away, and feel he is out of danger, it is nice to have the quiet at the house, but he wants me there all day from 8 till 8 which is wearing me out. I try to catch cat naps when he is sleeping, but as everyone knows, that is almost impossible in the hospital. In just a short while he has developed some bed sores, and is real galled between his legs, I called the nurse and she saw it and said she would put in an order for wound care, but it would be today before they would get there, she gave me some medicine that looks like the stuff you put on babies for diaper rash, that white pasty stuff.
Well it is time to shower and get to moving he will be worrying cause I am not up there.
Thanks for your prayers and listening to me.
Anne