View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 18, 2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne&dean View Post
Tomorrow is Friday, they said they were sending him home with home health care, don't know anything about it, I just can't imagine they can get someone to start on the weekends.
I can't speak for your specific nurses, but my home care nurses here were WONDERFUL, and visited patients 7 days a week, including Christmas Day and New Years. They realise that when you're sick, it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. But my home care nurses were not allowed to give transfusions or blood draws (though IV drugs were fine) so I had to go into the day unit for those.

The hospital should give you a list of emergency numbers to call if anything goes wrong - numbers for M-F 9-5, numbers for the evenings & weekends, and numbers for emergencies. If they don't offer these, ask for them! I kept the list in my handbag at all times and made sure my fiance had a copy, too. Luckily we only had to use them a few times.
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)