View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 20, 2010, 06:07 AM

thank you Diane D & Ann wife of HenryThank

Thank you Diane D & Ann, it is hard to take care of myself as Dean will not let the nurse's take care of his needs, such as bathing and helping him to the bathroom if he can make it. When he messes up the bed he doesn't want me to call the nurse cause he is embrassed. I guess thru the years I have spoiled him! I have tried to explain to him that the nurse's are use to this and that he can't help what happens, but he gets so ashamed that I just change the bed several times aday and clean him up. He is a big man 6'2 and weighs about 280, and I am only about 120, and very small. I keep telling myself everyday that I am going to make him let the nurse do the bathing etc. but I hate to kick him when he is down.
The nurse made me go home yesterday, as I was completely worn out, so I finally left at 4pm instead of 7pm.

He started having diearrea, and the toilet was full of black liquid, they think he may be loseing blood due to an ucler which he had several years ago, and was bleeding. They ran a tube down his noes and got stuff out, then the gastrologs came in and said they make do a upper gi scope on him Monday.
They have put him on clear liguids again, not that he was heating much anyway, with the exception of breakfast. I have been making him drink the boost drinks at least one aday, but now that is out. They are not giving him any extra fluids or vitaims. He has now been in the hospital a week. He can only have ginger ale and water to drink and he is not much on drinking water.

Today is fathers day and where are his kids, one has gone to the beach and the other is home 4 hours away, no reason that either one of them couldn't have been here today! They both know what is in his will and ever since May have been argueing to me over stuff, or going to him and saying that the other said so and so. At the time he made the will the lawyer was in a hurry and things were not as specific as they should have been. We have a landscaping business and alot of big equipment , as we do grading and planting on new jobs, we do not do any maintance. I don't want to say anything to him because he needs to use his strength to get well, but his kids are driving me insane. Well that is enough of that just needed to get it off my chest.

Gonna go get my shower and get up to hospital, hopefully today will be a better day.

Thank you all again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Ann