View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 25, 2010, 09:39 PM

Dear Anne,

This is so hard to go through and I know how you feel. We were where you are last year just after we got the diagnosis of MDS. I did not think my husband would get out of the hospital alive but he did. We give the glory to God and the wonderful doctors and nurses. I think most husbands want their wives to "take care" of them and are embarrassed to have anyone else see their weaknesses. We finally got a wonderful male nurse who took no "guff" from the old geezer and told me to go home and get some rest. I felt so guilty about doing so, but I did and slept better that night than I had in over a week. When I got up to the hospital the next morning, my husband was all smiles and was feeling so much better I just had to cry. He didn't understand my tears, but I was so happy to see him sitting up in the bed, teasing the nurses. I pray for a turn around for your Dean and will keep both of you in my prayers. May I put him on my church's prayer chain? I believe that all the prayers lifted up are heard and the more the better.
I don't think my husband will die from MDS but from his congestive heart disease. He had to have 2 liters of fluid drained from his right lung yesterday and is feeling so good today. We went out to lunch today and he had such a good appetite. I am so thankful for the small steps we take these days. 2/3 good days in a row are such blessings. We have been married for 54 years and he was my first boyfriend. I was 12 and he was 14 when we played sandlot baseball together. We married when I was almost 18 and he was almost 20. I worked and put him through college and we have had a wonderful life. Thank you Lord.
Keep me posted., I send my love,
ann