View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 15, 2011, 10:14 PM

Thanks for asking him that, Edith.

To be fair, the way you framed the question may have given rise to a lower figure than you were expecting. I'm actually not too surprised. I haven't heard of many people that have regained full normal counts within that short a time period. Most will begin to show a response within that time frame, but getting all 3 lines back within normal range generally takes a lot longer (if ever).

The question on my mind was more of what percent of ATG recipients eventually do acheive full durable remission. Implied in that, of course, is no relapse, so I suppose it's kind of a two-parter. You'd probably get different answers to that one too, depending on what kind of time frame you used-- at ten years, at twenty, etc. "For life" is much too vague, and has a lot of built-in problems in interpretation (i.e. how long did that person live, why did they die, and how useful are old statistics when medical knowledge and practice keep improving?)

Every bit of information helps to piece together a more accurate picture, though.