View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 2, 2015, 01:10 PM

Unhappy BMT it is. yikes.

I had a cbc done yesterday and my hemoglobin dropped to 8.4 from 9.3 (since last week) nd platelets remain the same at 32...after speaking with the nurse she says its best to go forward with transplant. and i agree. i now understand that Aplastic Anemia is Bone Marrow Failure...My bone marrow is not producing any cells. I thought because my counts were holding for longer that that was a good thing. not the case. they should be going up that would mean my marrow was working.

I have finally come to terms with the fact that i am getting a BMT.
I chose to agree to BMT over any other treatment bc although not as extensive as bmt other treatments have their own side effects. ( i have read about ppl's kidneys shutting down, livers, and other things) So i think its best to not prolong the inevitable. And just go ahead and do it.

Super nervous.
Does anybody have any blogs documenting their bmt experience? I have found a couple that I have read. And i love it. It helps me learn more of what to expect coming from a person whos lived it rather than a dr. who hasn't.

I started a blog myself but there's really nothing to it at the moment since i haven't started my treatment yet. (kamara-livingwithaa.blogspot.com)