View Single Post
Old Thu May 24, 2012, 04:05 PM

Hi Ellen

I'm a NICU nurse now, used to do med-surg and ortho-neuro. Some of these autoimmune diseases are genetic, which can predispose you to other auto immune diseases. I have moderate Aplastic Anemia with TERC mutation(remember that? RNA...), which predisposes me to pulmonary fibrosis (I have mild) and liver cirrhosis. If you have a genetic mutation like me, you may also be predisposed to something...I see Dr. Neal Young at NIH, where they study our diseases...if you haven't seen him yet, you may want to. All the testing is free, can save you hundreds to thousands of dollars in a lifetime...good luck, hope you DON'T have anything else, but if you do, have a pity party then put your big girl pants on and do things that make you happy ). hugs, Linda
Linda, 47 yo, married, mother of a teen, moderate AA w/ TERC mutation (2007 NIH), Pulmonary Fibrosis 2010, was on Danazol study (Aug 2011-2013 & restarted 9/14/15), last transfusion May 2011. On Promacta now. Needing a double lung and stem cell transplant.