View Single Post
Old Sun May 27, 2012, 05:29 AM

Hi I answered your question before but was just checking up on it again...... My periods were about 10 days when I was first diagnosed with AA. I think as long as your periods STOP is the main thing.... They should only take such drastic measures with women if their periods are NOT stopping and they are literally bleeding to death. Normal periods can last up to 7 days. Your periods are only 3 days longer than the longest normal period. It is really up to you, if you think that you need to take those drastic measures when your period is stopping all by it's self and only a little longer than usual. My last period was only 4 days,, and then I lightly spotted for 3 more. My platelets are 15 right now. Upon first diagnosis of my AA I would bleed for 10-14 days but they always stopped. I say listen to your body. As long as they don't last longer than 15 days and they are stopping with out extremely affecting your counts, Maybe you don't need to mess with your hormones unless it becomes life threatening?