View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 6, 2016, 10:03 AM

Exercise for those with MAA?

Another thing I have noticed...

For those who have "Mild" AA symptoms, what has been your experience with exercising? Personally, I have been able to exercise -- and still do quite a bit... BUT there are limits -- when I push myself a little too far, I hit a "wall" where I must stop.

When I hit this "wall," I feel like I am sinking into a hole -- like I am going to faint. I get weak and wobbly -- and a little nauseated. And it takes me quite a while to recover from this. I have to stop and sit down at this point. I have found that the "trick" is recognizing when I am getting close to this "wall" and stopping before I go too far. But I am not always able to do this.

I have also noticed that by regularly exercising and pushing myself to get in better shape, I have been able to push this "wall" a little further out so that I don't hit it nearly as soon as my endurance has improved.

I have played sports most of my life, and I have run wind sprints, worked out intensely, etc. through the years, and I do not remember this "wall" phenomenon until I started having blood problems.

Have any of you with MAA had similar experiences with exercise?