View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 13, 2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post

They are going to insert the PICC line on Tuesday. Do you have any advice (or -- perish the thought -- horror stories) about that? I've never had one, so I'm not sure what to expect. I have cruised around online, so I know the basics. But I'm not sure how limiting or uncomfortable it will be.

Greg
Hi, Greg, I'm butting in here, but both Bruce and my mother had PICC lines. Neither of them had any problems (or pain) with the procedures to install them or subsequent issues. They both had the lines going in from their arms. Bruce had his connected to an infusion pump and the pump gizmo was the biggest hassle for him, as the tubing to the PICC line could get caught on things if he wasn't watching. The dressings got changed once a week, but we were able to have a home health nurse come in and do that.
Catherine, wife of Bruce age 75; diagnosed 6/10/11 with macrocytic anemia, neutropenia and mild thrombocytopenia; BMB suggesting emerging MDS. Copper deficient. Currently receiving procrit and neuopogen injections weekly, B12 dermal cream and injections, Transfusions ~ 5 weeks.