View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 30, 2011, 03:22 PM

Ahhh... that sound you hear is me breathing a sigh of relief. We are home! Karenish, you were right - the anticipation was really the hardest part. I imagined all kinds of horrible things going wrong, and thankfully we (he) pretty much sailed through it.

Like I posted earlier, he had hives the first day. The second day he got heartburn, nausea, vomiting, shakes, chills (are they the same? he was shaking pretty bad), fever. So Lisa V, add us (him) to the list of fever & chills. It lasted a little over three hours, but because of the fever he was stuck in his room for 24 hours in case it was something else. So I took Karenish's advice, and from then on I made him drink plenty of fluids, and I don't know if it was that or additional meds, all I know is that he did not have it again.

Counts - WBC 4.0, PLT 42, neutrophils 3300-ish. Does that sound good? They're the best numbers we've seen.