Thread: Transpalnt Date
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 18, 2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDay5150 View Post
Data, it appears that you're well informed about everything which is good. There are a lot of tests before your admission date. I remember having to take two days off from work because I had so many tests just to make sure that I was able to handle the transplant ordeal. You're probably used to that already! The temporary port that you will get before your transplant does make everything a lot easier and I got used to having mine pretty quickly. My experience was not that bad, but I felt really run-down for a week or two afterwards. I had a reduced intensity regimen w/ both chemo and total body radiation. They will encourage you to move around and that does seem to help. In my instance, I was so anemic for so long that I felt a big difference soon afterwards. I was not getting any blood or treatments before my transplant. Please keep us all posted as to how you are doing and many of us here are also happy to answer any questions.

Good luck

Mario
Mario,
Thanks for the reply. I have three days of tests scheduled in the first week of Feb. I don't know what all they will be - they are just three days blocked out for "tests". I have already had the lung and heart function test and the coordinator said those results were fine. I am retired so it is easier for me to make my appointments but then that means I am probably older which isn't good. My MDS is considered secondary which from what I understand is harder to treat and has less favorable outcomes.

I worry about everything. If I don't have anything to worry about, then I will worry that I missed something. Ha Ha. I am just trying to keep busy until I am admitted.

Thanks again for you insight.

Data