Thread: Transplant
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 14, 2015, 07:57 AM

Hi Paul, I am now 2 years, 3 months post transplant. My story was a little different on here than most because my MDS transformed into AML and then needed 2 lots of chemo to achieve remission (also my bone marrow never regenerated after the chemo), and I only had an 8/10 match available. I had a reduced intensity transplant.. The doctor later said a full one would of killed me! Anyway, I agree with all the others.. The worst is when your counts are zero... The pain was unbearable even on major pain medication.. But everyday, I got up showered, and walked the halls. I still have ongoing issues with GVHD mainly eyes, mouth & thickening of tendons in wrist etc.. But I call them annoyances in the overall scheme of things! I am still on cyclosporine with no immediate chance of getting off of it. But it's doable.. And like Bailie said, I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't gone for it! All the best... Hope it all goes well for you!