View Single Post
Old Tue May 20, 2008, 12:46 PM

Pop Up-date 5/20/08

Hello again,

As you all know, our, close family, friend came from Cincinnati for a day trip to see my father on Sunday. It was a 820 mile round trip, to see pop. Dell is good people.

Pop's results are in. Oddly enough, his hemo climbed to 9.2 and white to 2.7. His platelets are 7.8 so he gets some tomorrow. He is having increased pressure under his rib cage, and feels like he is starving for oxygen. Kind of "gulp breathing". The nurses said that his heart sounded strong and his lungs clear.

He has not has an internal look, cat scan or MRI, to see whats up, and does not see the need. He also mentioned that when they took his blood today, it was a deep purple, not a bright red. I know that red is good oxygen exchange, is purple the opposite? ie: lousy exchange. {feed back please} I have read that lack of oxygen will cause some organ failure, but he still uses that bathroom regularly and still has a decent appetite. He is not sleeping at night either because of the cold sweats. My mother is washing sheets daily.

I have asked those that know pop, and family to come and see him now, while he can still hold a conversation. After a visit with my niece, and then Dell, maybe 4 hours of visiting with an hour break in between, he was done. With Dell, I noticed he was closing his eyes and slurring his speech at times, so I called it short. He stated he could use a nap.

Thanks for the response, and to those that know dad that visit this site once a week for up-dates, thank you again.

Scott
Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.