Thread: ATg response
View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 16, 2011, 04:20 PM

ATG response and Trisomy 15

Hi, thanks to all for their advice and support. Saw hemotologist today with husband and his brain is turned on so we were able to get info. It is undoubtedly my fault that I did not get sufficient info before. Being dazed and confused has not helped. ATG not worked, and I think they consulted with London to see if I was eligible for bmt. Risks too high, 58 years old and Doc reckons mortality for over 60's is thirty percent. I have a small trisomy 15 genetic abnormality and no reaction in my bone marrow to ATG at all. Transfusions between 6 weeks and 12 weeks at moment and some improvement in platelets (up to 70) so can't grumble. But now the really good news! I can fly to Europe, nowhere with a malaria risk and nowhere that needs injections and they will give me blood before I go to boost me! How great is that! I can genuinely say this is the first day I have seen the docs and come out smiling. Now all i've got to do is get insurance. Doc also said good idea to retire, so big changes ahead. Thanks guys for seeing me through the sad days. Doc did also say not going to get better so got to live with what i've got. Absolute tonic and could have kissed a man who told me I was not getting better but that's how it took me. Giving me blood tomorrow even though hb 9 to boost me cos liver bit dodgy. They wanted to give me an ultra sound and I felt well enough to jib at that. Would be interested to hear if anyone else has trisomy 15 as there is little on it anywhere. I would echo what everyone told me, talk to your doctor, however much you worry, tell him how things are. As my doc said we can't treat you if you don't let us know how things are going. Good wishes to all.