View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 29, 2011, 10:07 AM

Smile

So sorry that you are in this state of mind! This is a very trite statement,but worrying about tomorrow ruins your today! Live in this day today--feeling good and doing whatever you please! The fear, I believe, will never leave us, but we can place those thoughts in the back of our minds (locked up in a closet) and those happy thoughts kept up front in this moment, today!
Also, focusing on a passion, such as a hobby or activity! I'm a 60+ lady who loves sewing quilts, knitting baby things,and beaded caps for cancer patients is my passion. Or, one could learn a new hobby such as pottery, etc. There are lots of folk centers that teach a "hands on hobbies", to keep your mind on a physical activity. Also, walks in a scenic area, bird watching, etc., for me, I'm in the Great Smokies and have alot of fun taking pics and sending them on facebook! I hope this message will help a bit! It took me about 6 months after becoming stable (with treatments) to put those thoughts back in the closet and keep them there for now! Take care, and just know that
most of us have these same feelings! P.S. There are alot of good "sleep aids" out there that help get a good, long and deep night sleep!: