Thread: ATg response
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 17, 2011, 11:55 AM

response time to atg

Well, latest report from consultant is that my counts have not really budged much since ATG - so another BMB due second week in august - I reckon his is a bottom man (grin) so came home had a darn good cry and then thought, sod it, the fight goes on! I am still feeling well, no infections (in fact apart from this diagnosis I have not had so much as a bit of cold in 2 years!!) He said that he may be able to see from the biopsy if the marrow is recovering, in which case we will then be able to make some form of informed decision. I told him about this site and that one lady took 18 months to recover and he agreed that this is not totally ruled out, he wished he could give a time frame but he can't. But agreed that staying positive was half the battle. My dad died earlier today so I am hoping that he will now too join me in the battle to beat AA to a pulp as two of us against it are better than one!
Try to stay focused everyone who is going through what I am, together we are formidable!!! and another plus....I am now on a staged return to work!! my last bag of plates lasted just over 14 days which was a record so maybe ...just maybe .... xxx