View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 21, 2011, 11:38 AM

Mary and Karen

I welcome all comments and thoughts, I feel as I am going through a maze blindfolded. My dr. wanted my blasts less than 5% even though they are less than 10%. She also hoped the blood counts would increase as they are always quite low. I think she also had concerns regarding the disease progressing, as it came on quite quickly. My last BMB on 11/1/11 showed no progressession and slight decrease in blasts. She is no longer talking about a 4th cycle, as i freaked feeling I just will become less and less healthy prior to the transplant. Also the doner nurse's asst. informed me in October, that it was a poor time to try and get a doner during the holiday season starting with Rash a sha nah through to New Years. (Already that team has been in and out on vacations). I'm a little nervous with that area as they were given only 1 match, after requesting 2, when I inquired why not ask again, they cited expense.( Dana Farber did a preliminary check and found 1:499)
So I have one 8:8 match, which I know cannot be reserved, and she is 22 yrs old. I worry that she might bail and there is no back up. But I guess it may not take long to get another?

Also I know my insurance in involved, but final approval has not been made, pending all medical tests. Unfortunately too, approvals are till 12/31/11, I hope that is not a problem.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions and quiery's I welcome them!

Donna
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.