View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 21, 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa V View Post
I think the PTSD analogy is apt, Ryan. Everybody seems to have their own method of coping (or not coping) with it. This is true for both patients and their loved ones. Ken seems to have a talent for compartmentalization and denial which I lack. His technique is to just put anything he doesn't want to think about out of his mind. That doesn't work for me, and I'm sensing that's not going to work for you either.

I'll tell you one thing that has helped me is actually going through a relapse. Once that happens, you realize that you can deal with it if it happens again. If anything, it was probably a blessing in disguise for us, because he's had a much better response the second time around, and we've all learned so much from the experience that we didn't know before. I hope we've learned enough to reduce the chances of it happening again, but if it does, at least we have the knowledge that another ATG will probably turn it around again.
Lisa this thread is so refreshing to me right now.
We're afraid my husband we'll need "more treatment". Will it be ATG (the 3rd) or BMT is what we wonder.
We feel so unsafe but reading your post I felt with more hope.
A 2nd, 3rd relapse... what will happen?
So many questions...