View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 20, 2013, 12:46 PM

When I am done with the 2nd round of Dacogen, they will test my BM again, and confirm the cytogenics, I may be gluten intolerant (I show no symptoms), and my sister is diagnosed celiac disease (CD)...

I've read that wheat / corn is not good for my B- blood type (toxic) on WedMD, and that was the impedous for me limiting wheat...

Even if I have silent celiac disease, it don't believe that it would explain the many multiple chromosome breaks/abnormalities??? But I am with you LBrown, I questioned very seriously the rounds of chemo, when I had my second BMB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbrown View Post
Just in case you haven't seen this from another thread, here is an article about Hematologic manisfestations of celiac disease. In it, they mention several types of anemias and nutritional deficiencies including folic acid and B12.

bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/109/2/412.full?sid=606a9bbd-0903-4783-a75d-448bb8e8572c#ref-69

Good luck,
Deb
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)