View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 11, 2014, 12:53 PM

Thank you for your response. I agree with you 100% that there is an external factor causing this issue.

There really is nothing that changed though. One thing I suspect is the fact that she's been taking Keppra for her seizures. She was on this medication for about a year when she was first diagnosed with SAA in Oct 2011. At that time, the doctors had a small suspicion that this may be related, but they didn't do anything knowing that it's only a very rare chance. At that time, her counts dropped in short period of time as well. Study does find that people taking Keppra have much higher risk of developing AA.

Exactly three years later, it's happening all over again. People may think I am crazy, but I believe her immune system gets compromised during this high allergy season (we live in Austin, TX), which combined with Keppra side affect is causing her bone marrow to shut down.

We are going to go talk to our Neurologist to see if we can move to another seizure medication next week. Wish us luck!

Thank you and good luck to all of you.