View Single Post
Old Sat May 23, 2020, 01:10 AM

Hi there. I posted a long reply to this message a couple of days ago, but I don’t see it! I know I hit “post”.
At any rate, I looked into Retacrit, since I am now on it bc I became transfusion dependent while on Arenesp, another RBC growth factor. It seems that Retacrit is a “biosimilar “ drug To Procrit. That means that “ it is highly similar to a biological that is already approved “, and “ has no clinically meaningful differences in terms of safety, purity and potency from the reference product”. Also cheaper!
So you could ask your physician about the Arenesp, which is a different growth factor.
As far as your other question, it is my understanding that Vidaza can take 6 months to work. As you know side effects include drops in your counts, so a BMB seems reasonable to me to look at disease progression. What drugs your physician might use for AML is something to ask them. I understand that there are some new effective ones out there now.
So, hope this helps a little, and I’m sorry you had no other replies.
Keep us posted!
Mags