View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 9, 2010, 02:49 PM

Fax don't write

Good afternoon,

As Larry pointed out, it will do no good to send "snail mail" to Washington. This is due to the fact that they now "nuke" all mail to make sure it is safe. The process takes several weeks to get through. If you are going to write the the chairman, please fax your correspondence to him.

Those of you that were granted disability for MDS should also write to the chairman. It will be further proof of just how dysfunctionally the system actually works. I am thinking of Carl and Jim specifically. You don't have to use your names but I don't know how much weight an anonymous correspondence would carry. Both of you were granted 100% T&P.

If you have personal documentation from your doctor that "MDS is a Three Letter Word for Leukemia", send it to the chairman. Send him copies of your denial letters from the Regional Office and from the Board of Veteran's Appeals. We are almost there, please don't wimp out now. My fight has been a battle for all of us. There has hardly been a day in the past several years that I've not done research or written about this disease.

You have seen my mountain top highs and my darkest days in the valleys. Many times I have not been very nice in my correspondence with the VA. For that I am personally sorry but still feel like they deserve it. Our honorable service to this nation is what made us ill and in all probability shorten our life. It is now time for the VA to accept their responsibility to us.

Left South Florida last Wednesday for the woods of Georgia because I truly believed there was nothing else I could do. Just had to throw my hands up and finally admit that all that could be done at that point had been done and it was now in the Lord's hands. I had to get away from the fight. Then this past Saturday the letter arrived from the Chairman of the United States House of Representatives Veteran's Affairs Committee. God has provided us with this opportunity.

Matthew 6:26 (NIV) "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" This is a great scripture but never fail to remember that the food is not thrown into the nest. Those that sit a wait for others to feed them will starve.

For those of you awaiting a decision, your benefits accrue to you and not your spouse. If we go off and die before this is settled our families will not get a cent of our back compensation. To those that have been granted compensation, don't forget the case of the widow that was told the VA had made a mistake in granting 100% T&P to her dead husband. Who will speak for your wife when you are gone?

I have to get to a library while in Georgia for email access. If anyone wishes to speak with me my cell number is 954-232-7190.

God bless you all and keep the faith, TENACITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Macfarlane
Still proud to have been allow to serve this great nation...

A SPECIAL NOTE TO JOHN HUBER OF THE AA/MDS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL:
You wrote to me once that when the time was right you would release your "thousands" of supporters in this cause. Do you not think that now just might be the right time? Chairman Bob Filner has asked for a report back from the IOH no later than June 18th. Nine days and counting will show just how committed some are to the cause.

Don't worry I won't have the funds to attend the AA/MDS conference in July. One less troublemaker to be concerned about.