View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 21, 2011, 05:14 PM

Oh Susan,
Isn't it frustrating? All of the mumbo jumbo we have to go thru to try to get medical care! I swear, I get so overwhelmed sometimes, wondering what to do, who to see, what comes next.
Just remember, things will play out as they should....I have become very used to saying ...."whatever"! At least I'm not in the hospital right now as I was last year. Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of my release after
2- 1/2 months @ Jefferson Univ Hosp in Philly....
So if you are feeling good today, then you are ahead of the game--I have had transfusions all week and am just waiting for the day my platelets leap into good territory.....I hope it is soon! And I wish you the best!
Hopefully, someone on this great site can give you some advice you can actually use-- Hang in there!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly