View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 28, 2016, 10:14 AM

Hi Ray - i would not necessarily rely exclusively on the benzene exposure as being the source of the MDS - seems like there is maybe more traction in arguing that Agent Orange exposure as the source of MDS - at least from the VA's perspective - the burn pit exposure is also interesting - what was in the burn pits?

I'd craft the argument more as your service in Vietnam being responsible for your disability - including 1. Agent Orange - 2. Benzene and 3. Burn pits - its those factors either alone or in combination that gave rise to the disease....

I'd need a little more information regarding all your exposures to toxins while in he service - and am happy to help if I can -

There may be certain terms or events one needs to discuss that will trigger the VA to take action, as Bailie's experience seems to suggest...

Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015