View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 13, 2011, 04:52 AM

Thanx brig,

It seems that he is getting resistent to the ayurvedic treatment, we will watch for some time and decide whether to continue or start soem other treatment, as far BMb, we got it done on 11th March this yr, his blast were 14%, diagnosis was same MDS RAEB-II. Infact his Hb was stabvle at 14 before BMB, however after BMB his Hb has also started going down .. Can the BMB have adverse efect on functioning of marrow ???

We have got in touch of numerous hospitals in India, and all of them have refused BMT without unrelated donor at his age.

As far vidaza is concerned, we dont have vidaza in india, only dacogen. But dont u think its more of a torture then a treatment ? means geting hospitalised for 7-8 days for injection and then getting transfusion of blood and platelets, or instaling a permanent port ? and then being isolated till ur blood counts improves and meanwhile one month is over and then repeating the same for the other month ? i mean where is the quality life here ?

Sorry i might be wrong but wht i infer from the vidaza or dacogen treatment is the above statement.. Am i wrong ???

Regards

neel
Father age 64 diagnosed with MDS RAEB-2, with 15%-18% blasts in October 2010. Only had blood and platelet transfusions. Ayurvedic treatment which showed result for arnd 5 months. Started Tahlidomide 100 mg started on 22 nd April 2011. Revolade 50 mg started on 2 nd april 2012.