View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:49 AM

Thanks Neil. The doctors at the James Cancer hospital said they were going to begin a search, but I have received differing opinions from Hematologists regarding who Trevor can get a donation from and was hoping someone could clarify. I have been told that since Trevor is bi-racial he should only have a bi-racial donor. Others have said it doesn't matter as long as its a 10/10 match. Also , wondering if you could clarify the difference between a 10-10 and an 8-8. I entered Trevor's HLA info in to the Be a Match tool and it shows he has 509 potential donors at 8-8. Is 509 on that tool a good number or not and why 8-8 vs 10-10. Then last question, we live in Columbus Ohio. Trevor has been seeing the docs at the James because he is incarcerated. The doctors are going to petition the state to release him so he can get the care he needs. They told me they aren't equipped to treat him and he should go to NIH. I live closer to Cleveland Clinic and was wondering if it fell to the same level of quality of care as the NIH or if there is different reasons to choose one over the other. .Im trying to do my own research on all these questions but you guys seem to be the best source. Thanks