Thread: Journey So Far
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 10, 2014, 08:12 PM

I'm sorry I can't advise on the nausea, but I am interested to read your journey Faye - not dissimilar to mine, in that I started with neutropenia many years before the MDS diagnosis. I am still RCMD and stable. Your situation gives me a picture of what could happen to me at any time.

I just want to wish you all the very best with the Azacitidine and hope that it puts you into remission. Extended fevers are exhausting and can certainly make you feel very weak. I had that experience with flu around this time last year while in Tasmania. Have you considered going on a good tonic or immune booster to pick you up? Last year I took Fusion brand Astra 8 immune tonic and I believe it really helped me.

My daughter-in-law is from Christchurch and we have visited the area a couple of times. I hope you aren't still waiting for earthquake damage assistance.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.