View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 03:06 PM

I have to agree with squirrellypoo here, it seems very unlikely that diet alone could somehow reverse chromosomal changes in your blood. My thoughts on when I hear about these miracle cures:
- Was the original diagnosis correct?
- Maybe some people at early stage of disease still have enough "good" cells left in their body to effectively fight off the bad ones. Now could a good diet help that process? Maybe, but I think it would be more a reflection of the persons own immune system. There are plenty of stories from middle ages of people constantly exposed to the Plague but never got sick..even though entire members of their family died from it.
- For every person you hear about being cured, what about the 99 others who went down that path and ended up with delayed treatment and/or dying?

I don't think I would take that chance on waiting. However, if you are out of options, I definitely would understand people trying anything..some people have no choice.
Jim, MDS RAEB-1 with rare t(6;9)(q23;q34) translocation resulting in DEK-NUP214; dx August 2010 at age 45; SCT Sept 30, 2010 with male sibling match. Follow Progress at http://jimschmitz.wordpress.com/