View Single Post
Old Sun May 4, 2008, 04:10 AM

brrr

Hi again,

Where I live winter is pretty good. Average daytime Ts are around 22 degrees (70-72) night time it drops to 6-10 (44-50). It is also our dry season, so lovely blue skies. The worst part is the westerly winds.They are cold and dry with lots of static electricity. ZAP ZAP ZAP Thank goodness we mainly get those winds in August only.

I haven't spoken to my doctor recently. His secretary rang me on Friday and said that I needed to book into hospital for my transfusion on Wednesday instead of the usual Thursday because I needed to have some more tests while I'm there. She also said that when my doctor finished doing his public hospital outpatients clinic he would ring me and fill me in on what he was planning. Don't get me wrong, I like my doctor,BUT, if his secretary doesn't remind him to breathe I think he would forget. Absolutely hopeless at practical things. Just like the absent minded professor. Needless to say, he didn't ring me. Monday is a public holiday here for Labour Day, so I won't talk to him until at least Tuesday. I think I'll wait until I see him face to face on Wednesday to ask about having less blood more often.

Pity the oxygen won't help your Dad, I feel for him. I have been ill once before when I was told that I was very close to death, I don't know whether it was because I was very tired of fighting for every breath or lack of oxygen to my brain or even just a defense mechanism, but I was not at all worried about it. I even started feeling more relaxed because I felt I was being given permission to rest and let myself go. There was no pain, no panic, no regrets, just relief and an inner peace. Then, my elderly parents visited me and I could see the pain on their faces and I felt that I had to try a bit harder for them. I started responding to the treatments. I know now that death is nothing to be afraid of.

I hope you still have a lot of time to enjoy your Dads' company, however, I'm sure when his time comes that he will be ready for the next part of his journey.

Please don't think I'm being intrusive. I just want to reach out and help. Sometimes people who are too close to the situation aren't able to speak openly about their fears and feelings, in case it hurts someone elses' feelings.

I'm not very articulate, I hope you understand what I mean.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion