View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2017, 09:31 AM

Hi Sally C,

That is wonderful news on your husband. It sounds as if you have been in good hands from the beginning. I am suspicious that my dad had MDS back in 2014 when his blood work showed thrombocytopenia and possibly even before that. Unfortunately, it wasn't until April of 2016 that he was diagnosed with MDS and immediately started on treatment.
The oncologist that my father is using does not specialize in MDS, although I know it is not a needed criteria, I wish that he would take the step to see someone who does.
I have mentioned clinical trials to my parents and my dad seems content with his current situation, maybe he has just given up. I don't have the answers and I know that everyone reacts differently but it is difficult when I am not in the same state to prod him along.
Your husband received a lot of blood/platelet transfusions. Can you tell me how many units he received before or if he started iron chelation therapy? I am praying for the best with dad but I feel as though he has already accepted a "death sentence". I appreciate your kind thoughts and information.
Fordad