View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 23, 2011, 09:57 AM

Ironically, I was just thinking about the possible Lyme disease connection just the other day, when I pulled of the 2nd deer tick I found on me this season. It is not even a bad tick year...there were years I picked them off daily! But they are everywhere--in your yard, fields, woods, etc...
Not every tick has Lyme, not every symptom includes a bullseye. Imagine if you had one in the back of your hairline...you'd never know it was there or see any type of mark.
I have had Lyme at least 3 times...once the diagnosis took forever. I thought I had Lyme when I had fatigue symptoms just before I got diagnosed in 2009 and was taking Doxycycline. Then I had vertigo that prompted my blood test. Whoops! Not Lyme, but AML! I mentioned to to Dr's at Thos Jeff UH but they didn't even acknowledge any possible connection.
I do agree, everyone's chemical makeup is different, and we all have our own Acchilles heel........but I think there is something common that is the cause for all of these blood disorders that remain undiscovered... seems like everyone I talk to knows someone close to them that has a blood issue of some sort!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly