View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 3, 2012, 07:25 AM

Thank you Greg for your reply, it meant a lot to me and makes me feel less alone. I didn't know where to turn for support and questions, so I am happy that I found this forum.

I am fearful because my numbers are so low and it happened so rapidly. I am on an antibiotic for fungus infection. I take two other medications for my heart and one for my memory.

The doctor told me my hair will fall out, but even if it does, that is okay, I don't have very much. Other than that, I don't know what to expect from the Dacogen. My doctor is an oncologist, and he told me that my treatment is chemo. I am not sure how I feel about the doctor, he doesn't want to give me a lot of information. I asked him about Moffit, since I am not too far away, and he told me I don't need to go there, he would take care of me.

My wife and I have decided that we may contact Moffit anyhow, but right now I have been through so much this last week I just want to have a break, I feel so overwhelmed and scared.

Thank you for telling me about getting my CBC's, I knew that, but going through this, my mind has turned to jello and I had forgotten. I wasn't sure what numbers were important, so now I have an idea.

The oncologist never mentioned any chromosomal abnormalities, should I ask him the next time I see him, or would the doctor have told me already?

I am fearful because my numbers are so low, what will happen when I begin Dacogen. It also frightens me that the doctor wants Hospice, but he told me it is just for support because my wife and I are alone.

I am wearing a mask full time, but yesterday the doctor told my wife and I to go out and have dinner before I begin treatment and take in a movie. I worry about infection, but I also want to have a nice memory to get me through what is ahead.

Part of me feels like I am not going to make it through this, that my days are numbered, and when I go there I can't stop crying.

Thank you again Greg. My wife may get on the forum if I am too sick and unable to do so. She is new at this also, but I know she is going to need support helping me through this. I think this forum will help her, so I am happy I found it.

I went to the AA&MDS website and requested the information you suggested. I am going to look at the website after I send this post.

Thank you again for your reply, it did help more than you can imagine. I am not sure if I know all the right questions to ask, or the proper way to ask them, but at least I do have a place to go when I need an answer. Fear of the unknown is overwhelming.