View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 31, 2017, 09:40 PM

Michelledoh2002 - First, let me welcome you to the forum. While I wish you didn't have to find it under these circumstances, you won't find a more helpful, welcoming, and knowledgeable group of people to help you through this journey (as always, special thanks to Neil and Ruth for creating this!). My dad (Bailie) never had issues with the red blood cell group (reds, hematocrit, or hemoglobin; his concerns were low platelets and whites), so I can't help you too much there. But he did complete many, many bone marrow biopsies and Vidaza (azacitidine) rounds, so I can tell you how that process went for him (very few side effects; more discomfort/fatigue at the end of each cycle than anything).

Dad was a success story in so many ways. I hope his journey continues to help others, and if there's ever anything I can assist with - as a daughter having just been through this for 3 1/2 years, please let me know! One of the biggest things we learned, as Neil pointed out - it's so important to know and understand the disease so you can ask the right questions. But how each person reacts to the disease and treatment is anybody's guess (even when it appears they are in the same medical situation).

I wish the very best for your dad!