View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 28, 2018, 01:49 PM

Drugs and Drug Treatment

First, I must apologize for a tardy reply. The last 51/2 months I have been dealing with other cancers.

In 2002 on my annual physical at Johns Hopkins my blood counts were low. My concerns however were calmed when I had another CBC at my local hospital which showed all blood counts in the normal ranges, However, the technician that did the test was hungover and I believe mixed up my specimen with that of another patient. That was the last time my CBC result showed as normal.

I was diagnosed as low risk MDS following a BMB. Since that time I have been monitored regularly at one of the top ten Hospitals in U.S. and while my counts have fluctuated they have not reached the point of requiring treatment for the MDS,

Late in 2017 I went to another Urologist for a second opinion regarding my prostrate, He convinced me to have a biopsy and also have a CY scan along with other tests. The biopsy for the prostrate showed early stage cancer which is being monitored regulsrly.

The C/T scan showed a mass in my abdomen which after an endoscopy and then surgery (partial gastrectomy) a tumor was removed which was malignant. I was then referred to a Medical Oncologist who offered a treatment to possibly prevent recurrence of the GIST. I deferred and then conferred with my hemo who stated that had I started that treatment that they used for GIST would have skewed my blood counts.

I am 81 years old and have no idea how long I will be around. I have had a very good life and know that I will at some point pass. I am noy fearful of death as I have faith. In the meantime, however I intend to fight cancer wherever it may occur. Igo to the gym five times a week doing both cardio and resistance exercise. I practice spiritual exercise regularly and have a great support system. I wish you the greatest ossible recovery. Di not give up.