Thread: Donate Exjade?
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 10, 2008, 01:18 PM

Hello Judy,

I am so sorry to hear that your husband died. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

And how thoughtful of you to donate your extra Exjade. I too have an unopened bottle that needs a home. I have, in the past, been able to give John's procrit to a local free clinic. They accept meds and any medical equipment in good shape.

Another organization I've used was Crosslink International. They've taken walkers, crutches, hickman supplies etc. They too have taken meds that have not been opened and that are in the original packaging. You may want to look them up.

I know others have given their extra meds to other patients who have financial difficulties. This option should be done offline and independent of the forum. Our doctor's office used to hook up patients but because of insurance liability issues, no longer provides that service. But the doctor's office may have a list of charities. Ours collected a list and provides it to patients if asked.

Take care,
Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.