View Single Post
Old Thu May 20, 2010, 01:05 AM

Hi Paul,

It sounds as though your wife has responded quite well to the ATG, and fairly soon after treatment. To give you a different experience, my hemoglobin was 2.9 when my SAA was first discovered, and, two years post-ATG, my hemoglobin is in the low 12s, and platelets in the low 50s.

I would suggest taking a deep breath, and try to relax. Your wife's counts may bounce up and down a bit; but they are quite good now, and that is what you need to focus on. The fear of a relapse is always there, lurking in the shadows. But if that's all you focus on, you, and she, will never appreciate all the good, even great CBC numbers you're seeing.

Remember that saying - Don't borrow trouble? Relax and celebrate the good results. She IS living her life again, it's just on a different path. Maybe it's filled with lots of daily meds, and frequent CBCs, but it doesn't have to be filled with anxiety. So, cherish the good, and focus on the positive results.

Be strong, be well, and keep us posted,

Gloria