View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 2, 2018, 08:06 PM

Thank you for all the great advice. I'm not yet at severe but my numbers are dropping so they are going to do all the prep work for a Bone Marrow Transplant but my first treatment will be Immunosuppressive Treatment.

My Hematologist said based on the decline of all three lineages that he expects to have to begin treatment in the nextb2-3 months. My neutrophil numbers were decent but my platelets have been running around 47, but declining. My RBC numbers were low too but I don't have them right here with me.

I have not had to have any transfusions yet, I was given some platelets at the start of the year for a small surgery. That was what lead me to investigate and discover AA.

I am probably going to seek treatment at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, although I've considered Dana Farber.

Does anyone know how long the recovery is after IST? Once you are out of the hospital, how soon can you get back to work?

I'll look around the forums some more as they are a great resource. Thanks to everyone for their responses.