View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 8, 2012, 04:45 PM

To all Caregivers

As both as survivor (CLL then Chemo-Related MDS) and caregiver, and as a Stem Cell Transplantee, I want youto know that you are a hero to those of us that are afflicted.

It is a difficult road that we travel and sometimes we get distracted by the job that we have, getting over the day to day perils of living. In many ways, you feel the pain we live with more than we do. We are given drugs that ease our pain and often ease the memory of the "stick" or "poke". MY job is to get through each bit of this phase of this affliction, a little at a time. You not only see it, but re-live it in full detail, often at inconvenient times. We remember that it happened (hazily), you remember it and re-experience it (in full living color!) when you see us. We usually nod off while the drug is administered, you sit and watch and observe every little nuance and wonder if we are comfortable, what we are thinking, if there is anything possible that you can do to make it easier.

I have now got a lot of heroes in my life, and am always looking for ways to thank them and tell them that I love them for what they did and continue to do to help me.

THANK YOU!!!