View Single Post
Old Sun May 8, 2016, 08:34 PM

Hi Data - sorry the GVHD got worse - but I'm glad you're in the hospital and they're taking care of it. I responded pretty quickly to steroids - but reached a stand off where the GVHD was all over my skin, I think Grade III - somewhat red and itchy - but didn't attack other organs or blister. My counts went down and stayed down until they gave me Rituxin - which worked great - now I'm still on prednisone but tapering - finally off MMF. Also on tachrolimus and probably will be for a while. (prophylactic anti-everything too) The GVHD is mostly gone except my face gets red and a little itchy sometimes - I have little freckles on my arms and legs, but they are fading away I think. Otherwise I feel very well and my counts are getting close to normal or normal - It was a bit of a bumpy ride for me - but not too bad in retrospect. It its good they are on top of it. As I said - a little GVHD can also be a good thing

Best wishes,

Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015