View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 15, 2017, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
I use ondansetron (generic for Zofran) for anti-nausea. I take it one hour before the Vidaza. I also start Miralax the same day as the first Vidaza and continue until the end of the shots (seven days) because the ondansetron can cause constipation. I have never experienced nausea from the Vidaza.

I think most people have been exposed to so many chemicals during their lives. It is hard telling why some people get these diseases.
Thank you so much for the additional information regarding anti-nausea and constipation meds. My father was scheduled to meet with his hematologist/oncologist on 3/23/17 to discuss possible supportive care treatment plan if he decides against Vidaza at his age, however, he ended up in the ER that day with a fever over 104, pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. He was admitted for 6 days. Last wk, he had a low grade fever on and off for 2-3 days, and as of yesterday, his fever has come back again, between 99-102 on and off with tylenol.

Wondering if these recurrent fevers may be a normal part of MDS?
Eileen, daughter of dad age 86 dx w/MDS 3/2017. Monosomy 7, trisomy 8, deletion 7q31. Low Hg 6.5-9.3 (Jan-Feb 2017). Dr recommends Vidaza 100 mg,5 days+2 days, 21 off, 6-8 mos min. 3 rd bld transfusions in 2 mos. No tx yet.