View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 3, 2010, 12:11 PM

Hi,

I am not a doctor, but to me her WBC looks stable. How are her platelets doing now? This is typically (but not always) where you would see the improvement first. Patience is key. If you see her platelets going up, that is a good sign that the Cyclosporine is working.

The severity of her AA can only be assessed by her bone marrow cellularity, reticulocyte count, platelet count, and absolute neutrophil count (ANC). In either case, it would not effect the treatment at this time, since you said that ATG is not available.

I would not be overly anxious to jump to a BMT if there isn't a facility with lots of experience in doing this. It is a very risky procedure. Sometimes ATG is even used as a pretreatment regimen for a BMT.

Waiting is the hardest part in all of this! Your wife is young and that works in favor for a positive response to IST. I wish you both well!