Thread: OT Article
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 6, 2014, 10:22 AM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. I've learned so much here too. This forum and the people who participate are greatly appreciated. Neil and Ruth maintain a very well run and thoughtful forum.

I too agree organic has become more important than ever before. There's compelling evidence regarding residual glyphosate (Round-UP), when wheat crops are sprayed to improve harvest yield, to the uprise in gluten issues over the past decade. Going gluten free is challenging. I think it's worth going gluten free for six weeks and at the same time, work on correcting gut imbalances. The glyphosate is responsible for the disruption of the microbiome of the gut and when crops are treated just prior to harvest, you are ingesting some level of residual glyphosate. I do think, unless you have definitive issue with gluten or you find you feel really good not being on it, you can reintroduce back in just don't eat it daily and go organic.

I will look for an article/study speaking to this and post it later.

Regarding CoQ10, John started this right after he got out of the hospital. With all his issues, of all things, he was very concerned about his blood pressure. It was borderline but it really bothered him. So after doing some research, he started taking it. In two weeks, it normalized. Go figure. Everyone's level of coQ10 drop as we age so it can be helpful. It does help the heart and mitochondria of the cells. You can get it tested if so inclined. CoQ 10 is a pretty pricey.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.