View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 14, 2018, 04:34 AM

Post AA management, anyone?

Hello everyone,

Although I’ve logged in with my wife’s name - Tanusree, I’m her huband Arka.
She was diagnosed with SAA (severe aplastic anaemia) in 2010, received ATG + Cyclosporin treatment in Jan 2011. She was out of blood transfusions by June 2011. Cyclosporin continued till 2013, and therafter she was OK, with haemoglobin levels fluctuating between 8 to 9, platelets were constantly in the 100 thousand range. In Apr’18 after a bout of heavy periods, she felt unwell and her tests showed Hb 5.0, Platelets 65k. We contacted our haematologist and after a bevy of tests he found nothing wrong! Things went right after sometime, and we continued with our daily lives.

This month, she has had a long period, and today is the 7th day. He Hb Is again 5.0, however platelets are 90,000.

I want to know from fellow members whether they have received any medicines/ treatment for management of platelet or Hb levels post successful remission? If so, please share.

Also, if someone in the forum has developed any further complications after successful remission and a comparative peace of a few years, please share their experiences.

Many thanks,

Arka / Tanusree